Award Winning Florida Lawyer
John M. Phillips spent 8 years as a trial lawyer for businesses such as State Farm, Coca-Cola, Hertz, JM Family / Southeast Toyota, USF&G, Anderson Columbia, GEICO, Cambridge and a host of other large companies before moving on to represent individuals, working at one of the largest personal injury firms in the world. Feeling unfulfilled, he founded his own Florida trial law office and wants to be YOUR lawyer.
John is originally from Mobile, Alabama. John has lived in Arizona, Kansas, Louisiana, South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida and Alabama. Florida has been his home for over a decade, but he frequently works and travels to Georgia and Alabama. He is licensed to practice law in all three states and has been hired by major companies and individuals, alike, to represent them in all 3.
John was named a Bedsole Scholar and attended the University of Alabama on full scholarship. There, he received a Bachelors Degree and a Juris Doctorate (Law Degree), was named Senior Editor of the Law & Psychology Law Review, involved with the Student Government Association and undertook many other activities. He volunteered at an alternative school, working with kids who were born to dire circumstances. After graduation from law school, John accepted a judicial clerkship in Mobile before moving to Jacksonville, Florida.
John has worked hard establishing himself as a top attorney. John is licensed to practice law in Florida, Georgia and Alabama, as well as in many Federal Courts. He became a named member of the firm of Dore, Lanier & Phillips at age 32 and left Dore & Phillips at age 35 to pursue BTSA, the Breakthrough Sports Agency, and work with the largest personal injury firm in the nation, advocating for 100’s of clients. He left there to start his own firm and represents a broad base of clients, like his grandfather and great grandfather before him. As a Jacksonville trial lawyer, John has been recognized as a leader in the industry and accomplished attorney by several regional and national entities and publications.
- Rated AV-Preeminent, the highest available, by Martindale-Hubbell, a company that has been rating attorneys since 1868, based on lawyer peer reviews and judge ratings of attorneys. It’s the gold standard and only approximately 10% are AV-rated (2010-present).
- Selected in the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers Association (2012, 2013).
- Voted Best Lawyer in Jacksonville by readers of the Folio Weekly, northeast Florida’s largest weekly magazine / newspaper (2011, 2012).
- Selected as a “Top Lawyer” by 904 / Jacksonville Magazine (2012).
- Selected as “Who’s Who in Law” by the Ponte Vedra Record (2012).
- Rated 10 out of 10, by Avvo, which uses experience, industry recognition and ethics.
- Presented an award by Mayor Alvin Brown as Jacksonville’s Boldest Business (2012).
- Selected as a Super Lawyer (2009, 2010, 2013).
- Invited to join the Million Dollar Verdict Club.
- Seen on CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, TV ONE, Headline News, The Today Show and heard on Mancow, Lex & Terry and many more, as he speaks nationally and internationally on legal topics.
- Alumnus of two Inns of Court, an invitation only legal group.
- Hosts a weekly radio show called Courts & Sports with NFL Running back Rashad Jennings and other sports and community leaders.
- Advised the State of Mississippi on changes in law and policy.
- Serves on and Co-Director and/or General Counsel of several non-profit organizations.
- Received multiple million dollar and excess verdicts, including a $1.1 Million verdict against Coca-Cola in 2012.